Corporate entry: Solomon Islands Development Company Ltd.
The Solomon Islands Development Company Ltd. was formed in March 1908 by Burns Philp Co. Ltd. (q.v.). By the time it closed in 1949 it owned Neal Island off Guadalcanal, together with a small plantation on the mainland of Guadalcanal, another on Tetepare (Montgomery Island) in the New Georgia Islands in Western Solomons, one in the Manning Strait between Choiseul and Isabel and another at Lutee on Choiseul. (PIM July 1949)
- Pacific Islands Monthly. Details