Corporate entry: Guadalcanal Club


The Guadalcanal Club (the 'G Club'), began in 1945 as a Europeans-only club, was burned down in 1949 and the next year rebuilt as a permanent structure on a new site. The new club materials came from two old Quonset huts. The club was extended further from 1963 to 1965, when a bowling green and swimming pool were constructed. In 1967 there were three hundred members and a new kitchen, dining room and manager's residence were constructed. (PIM June 1949, Feb. 1950; NS 15 Oct. 1963, 31 Oct. 1964, 7 Feb. 1967, 3 Nov. 1967)

Published resources


  • Pacific Islands Monthly. Details
  • British Solomon Islands Protectorate (ed.), British Solomon Islands Protectorate News Sheet (NS), 1955-1975. Details